Are you striving to ensure you maintain your independence, wellbeing and the lifestyle you are accustomed to?
Why live-in care?
When people get to the stage of life where they start to need either some assistance with day-to-day living, or just feel vulnerable living alone, remaining in their home whenever possible is most people's first preference
By staying in your own home you are able to keep around you much that is of meaning and value - such as pets, your garden, your friends, your hobbies and your interests. You also retain most control over your own life and how you pass your time.
We are a small bespoke agency who offer a personalised service. As well as providing care to a high professional standard, we appreciate the emotional issues involved in having live-in care.
Clients are often in a situation where they know they need help, but are reluctant to surrender their privacy and autonomy. We are sensitive to these issues, and ensure the carers we place not only carry out tasks but interact with the clients in a way in which they feel comfortable.
We continuously review the situation to ensure clients and their families are happy with both the approach and personality of the carer.
How we can help
When you contact us we will discuss your situation and answer any questions you might have. If you are interested in taking matters forward we will arrange to visit your home to determine the type of care you require. (A process known formally as 'carrying out an assessment'). We would then email or write to you with a proposal, and usually include a profile of the carer we would initially place with you.
Types of care
Our carers will carry out the majority of domestic duties you require them to, such as:
- Shopping and cooking
- Cleaning, laundry, care of pets
- Outings and appointments
- Assistance with correspondence, paperwork and new technology
As well as domestic duties, our carers will assist you with personal care, always conscientious to maintain independence dignity and respect.
- Assistance with getting up and going to bed
- General mobility assistance
- Help with washing and dressing
- Administration of medications
- Assistance with mealtime
- Help with incontinence care
We can provide specialist carers to cope with the difficulties and complexities of certain recognised medical conditions, such as dementia, Parkinson's, strokes and palliative care.
Stay at Home Care Agency carers are meticulously screened, reference-checked, interviewed, trained and supervised in accordance with CQC strict vetting regulations
Stay at Home Care Agency assures you peace of mind in the knowledge that, our professional ways of working, carefully recruited and trained carers will provide a high standard of care.
Benefits of live-in care
- One-to-one care in your own home allows you the comfort of all that is familiar and dear to you
- Continuity - friendship and trust is formed and routines can be established
- Professional support and supervision by agency staff provides peace of mind to family and loved ones who cannot always be there
- Costs are comparative with that of residential care
Cost of care
- Costs vary according to the level of care necessary
- There are no hidden costs