17th and 18th May 2014
Like us on Facebook: Faversham Transport weekend. Follow us on Twitter: Fav transportwd.
Would you like updates on Travel Through Time and information about other Faversham events? Then please sign up to our newsletter here.
THE SUN SHINES FOR FAVERSHAM TRANSPORT WEEKEND
Thousands of visitors flocked to Faversham this year to enjoy the Travel Through Time event. The sun shone and the town was packed with Vintage vehicles, market stalls and entertainers.
With an estimated 380 cars and motorbikes taking part on Sunday, the Car Show, which is now in its 19th year, was the busiest yet. Prizes were won by exhibitors from as far away as Scotland and as close to home as Faversham and Sittingbourne.
The winners of the 2014 Classic Car Show and Motorcycle Show were:
- Oldest in Show sponsored by Faversham Town Council – Mr Roger Philpott with his 1926 Citroen 5cv Lemondrop
- Traders’ Favourite sponsored by Mackay & Co – Mr K Reynolds with his 1964 Morris Minor
- Best in Faversham sponsored by Macknade Fine Foods – Mr Gibby with his Jaguar SS100
- Best Motorbike sponsored by Laguna Motorcycles – Nick Pearce with his 1915 Indian
- Furthest Travelled sponsored by YMS group – Mrs Wendy Mayfield with her 1966 Ford Anglia driven down from Scotland
- Most Unusual sponsored by JM Recruitment – Chrysler Grim Reaper exhibited by Mr and Mrs Graves
- Best Window Display sponsored by SEC Signworks – awarded to the Hat Shop in West Street
The overall Best in Show trophy, sponsored by Shepherd Neame, was awarded to local couple Mr and Mrs Watkins for their 20HP Rolls Royce
Chris Bichard, director of Travel Through Time, says: “We are delighted with the success of this year’s show and that so many people came to Faversham and had a wonderful time. What is particularly pleasing is the way local businesses have joined in with the spirit of the event. Several town centre pubs and cafes offered special menus, organised live music and displayed vehicle-related art on their walls. Many shops took part in the window display competition and the standard of shop windows throughout town
was just excellent.”
“New for 2014 was the arrival of the Best of Faversham Market during the Bus Display on Saturday which was very popular. Also, many activities were organised at Standard Quay including live music, stalls, vehicle displays and free bike hire provided by The Bike Warehouse which was very well received and something we intend to build on next year.”
Faversham Transport Weekend is sponsored by Faversham Town Council, JM Recruitment, The Bike warehouse, Macknade Fine Foods, SEC Signworks, YMS Travel, Shepherd Neame and Kent County Council.
The event is also supported by Capital & County Insurance, Laguna Motorcycles, Mackay & Co and A1 Class Southern.