don't read the menu options and go directly to the page content 
Click to view menu Click to search

Luckhurst/Attaway

Home / Forum / Noticeboard / Luckhurst/Attaway
Carole Luckhurst    10 Jun 2016

Hi i recently visited oare gunpowder works and chart mills ...i also went on hunt for the marshworks .

My ancestor John Luckhurst born about 1850 married Laura Attaway worked at the gunpowder works in the 1900s . I am looking to trace information about them and also their daughter Florence Luckhurst whose street address in 1911 was The marsh powder works , Luddenham, nr Faversham...i know very little about her but she had 4 children from 1910 to 1919. The last child Albert Henry was born at Gravel pit house which i'm aware was the faversham union workhouse ..i was wondering if she and Albert would of stayed there and whether the other children were also there . Also i have been unable to find a death for her also .

Two of her other children were born at The bungalow .church street Acol (Minister district) and wondered what this was ..in 1911 it was a residence for a family called O'JKeefe.

Any help or information about any of these would be great .

Peter Stevens    26 Jun 2016

John and Laura are both interred in Faversham Cemetery, plot C 192. John on 16/3/1939 aged 76 and described as a Powder Worker and Laura on 29/5/1905 aged 33'

Their son Albert Henry, born c.1899 died 8/8/1918 aged 19, serving in the Royal Fusiliers. Address was 64 Upper Brents. Listed on memorial at Vis En-Artois and on a tablet in Oare Church.

(There were 29 Luckhursts interred in Faversham Cemetery by 1952)