Peter Stevens 25 Feb 2016
The Congregational Church, which was built in 1879, was not in Preston Street - it was in Newton Road. Following demolition, the site of the church was used to build the sheltered housing complex known as Herbert Dane Court which is now undergoing conversion to rented apartments. The name Herbert Dane Court commemorated Herbert Dane who was editor of the Faversham News for many years and a life deacon of the Congregational Church.
After demolition the Congregationalists linked with the Methodist Church in Preston Street which then became the United Church.