don't read the menu options and go directly to the page content 
Click to view menu Click to search

Rose and Skeer family

Home / Forum / History File / Rose and Skeer family
Michael McDonnell    08 Jun 2007
I have been trying for a long time to trace what happened to my uncle John Leonard ROSE who I know was in Kent in the late 1940's when my sister visited him in Kent when she was in the WRNS.

Unfortunately we then lost touch with him. However I have found out on the internet that he may have married a Annie SKEER in 1925 in the Thanet Registration District

I believe they had three children Leonard Henry ROSE, Morna M. ROSE and Bettina E. ROSE. My uncle John Leonard was born in Somerset in 1898 and probably moved to Kent about the early 1920s.

I would be very pleased to hear from any member of either family or anyone who may know about them to contact me purely from a family interest point of view.

I live in Australia and can be contacted on mike_and_rona@internode.on.net

Thank you

Michael
Arthur Percival    08 Jun 2007
Though Skeer as a surname crops up in the Faversham area in the 16th and 20th centuries it sounds to me as though you should also be lodging your enquiry on a forum (or similar) in the Thanet area (comprising basically Birchington, Broadstairs, Margate and Ramsgate as well as some villages).   This is about 20/25 miles from Faversham.
Best wishes
Arthur Percival    Site History Consultant