don't read the menu options and go directly to the page content 
Click to view menu Click to search

Ward family

Home / Forum / History File / Ward family
Linda Mundy    29 Oct 2007
I wonder if anyone can help me please. I have recently discovered the name Ward in my family tree.

Elizabeth Emily Ward married my great-great-grandfather Ernest Higham in 1878 in Faversham. She already had 3 children, Frank, Harry and Nellie.

Nellie married George Shilling and they lived at Mill Cottage in Faversham. I believe they adopted Annie Irene Higham, the illegitimate daughter of Annie Higham who was the daughter of Ernest  and his second wife  Ellen. They lived at 63 West Street, Faversham.

It is a very confusing tale but l just wondered if anyone could give me more information on the tangled mystery of my ancestors.

Many thanks, Linda
Linda Mundy    31 Oct 2007
Dear Arthur,

Thank you for your reply. We have had contact before! You very kindly tried to help me then.

So... here l am still trying to find out about my past. You may remember the Shilling connection? With your help l eventually discovered the link between George and Nellie Shilling and Annie Higham, discovering that l am actually the great-great-great-granddaughter of Ernest Higham and his second wife Ellen.

The  fascination continues and l would like to find out more. Not sure what l have to do next. I did look at the page you suggested but what do l do now please?

Many thanks again, Linda
Arthur Percival    30 Oct 2007
Linda

The Faversham Society is happy to field family history enquiries.

Please go to the Family History Enquiries page on the website at http://www.faversham.org/admin/tools_forum_post.aspx?id=6770&s_Mode=edit&i_MessageID=454&i_ThreadID=260 
where you will find more information.

Best wishes

Arthur Percival
History consultant