don't read the menu options and go directly to the page content 
Click to view menu Click to search

Faversham cemetery

Home / Forum / History File / Faversham cemetery
Terry Boorman    23 Feb 2009
I am trying to complete a family tree for an 80th birthday present and have been unable to trace the year of death of the following 3 Faversham residents:

James William West b 1852
Edward Thomas Aylett b 1859
Frances Louisa Aylett b 1858

Can anyone tell me where the burial records for the Faversham cemetery are kept as I think they were probably buried in Faversham.

Thank you

Terry

Geraldine Ovington-Brown    15 Nov 2011
Name: Frances Louisa Aylett
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1858
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1896
Age at Death: 38
Registration district: Faversham
Inferred County: Kent
Volume: 2a
Page: 534
Name: Frances Louisa Aylett
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1858
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1896
Age at Death: 38
Registration district: Faversham
Inferred County: Kent
Volume: 2a
Page: 534
Frances Louisa Aylett b. abt 1858
Date of registration (Death) Oct Nov Dec 1896
Age at death 38
Faversham, Kent
Vol 2a Page 534

Info from Ancestry website.

Hope this helps

Geraldine

Arthur Percival    17 Jul 2009
Paul

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you're looking for relatives of your great-great-grandmother Rosa Aylett. If you mean her parents, they should be recorded on her birth certificate, for which you could search in the (UK) national archives.

Arthur
(for the Faversham Society - www.faversham.org/society)
Paul Martin    17 Jul 2009
I'm looking for relatives of my great grandmother Rosa Aylett born about 1867 in Faversham. She married Jason Martin, a bootmaker and sub postmaster from Berkshire. Rosa Aylett had 3 children, Albert Edward and Archibald John, and had a daughter by the name of Jesse. Any help would me much appreciated.

Regards,

Paul Martin
Australia
pmar5958@bigpond.net.au 
Colleen MacDonald    03 Mar 2009
Hi Terry – I see you are still researching.  I am a distant cousin of yours and have been working lately with my second cousin Rita West and my aunt Evelyn Combe to do a little update on the Boorman side of the family tree. Rita brought over the files from the reunion you had in 1999, so I have a bit...

I am Dorothy Abbott's grandaughter, just in case you're looking for the info on your family tree sheet (which I have printed out)

However, I just wanted to say hello (wasn't sure how to reach you) and introduce myself.

I hope you can reply to my regular email: colleenmacd@gmail.com
Terry Boorman    26 Feb 2009
Arthur

Thank you for your detailed reply. It has enabled me to fill in some gaps in the family tree.

I shall be visiting Faversham soon to photograph some of the streets where these and other relatives of my mother in law lived so that I can give her a scrapbook with the tree.

Terry
Arthur Percival    24 Feb 2009
Terry

A James William West, brickfield labourer, aged 83, born in Faversham, was buried at Faversham Cemetery on 31 January, 1933. This may or may not be your James William West, who you say was born in 1852. The figures don't quite tally.

An Edward Thomas Aylett, aged 73, born in Faversham, labourer, was buried at the Cemetery on 18 April, 1933. This may or may not be your Edwin Thomas Aylett.   The figures tally, but not exactly the first name.

There is no record of the burial of Frances Louisa Aylett (b 1858). However, our record ends in 1952 and if she lived well into her 90s and was buried after 1952 she could still be buried at the cemetery. Alternatively if Aylett was her maiden name (you don't say whether it was or not) she could have married and moved away from Faversham.

The original cemetery register is kept at the Alexander Centre (Municipal Offices) in Preston Street, Faversham.

Arthur Percival (for the Faversham Society - see www.faversham.org/society)