/ History File
/ North Wilderton, Throwley
Arthur Percival 26 Feb 2009
Wilderton was one of two ancient manors in Throwley. The first recorded owner was Bartholomew of Badlesmere, who died in 1322/3. In 1583 for some reason it was split in two – North Wilderton and South Wilderton. The site of the settlement of North Wilderton is shown on older maps as being at the junction of the roads that lead respectively to the Faversham Golf Club clubhouse and Wilgate Green.
Arthur Percival (for the Faversham Society - see www.faversham.org/society)....