don't read the menu options and go directly to the page content 
Click to view menu Click to search

Descendants of Frank Jacobs' siblings

Home / Forum / History File / Descendants of Frank Jacobs' siblings
Barrie Vinten    16 Aug 2010
My maternal grandfather was Frank Jacobs, born 1892 in Riverhead, Sevenoaks, Kent.

His family later moved to Faversham and in 1913 Frank married Ivy Clark , born 1892 in Cyprus Road. They lived at 1 Westgate Road and had 2 children, Ron and Eileen. Frank died in 1919 as a result of wounds he sustained in the First World War. Ivy remarried, to Henry (Harry) Shilling, in 1924 and did not keep in contact with the Jacobs family so I have no knowledge of them.

In the 1901 census, the Jacobs family lived at 1 Ospringe Road and consisted of:
George (head) aged 40, Amelia (wife) 32, Ernest (son) 11, Frederick (son) 10, Frank (son) 9, George (son) 2, Thomas (son) 6 months, Georgina (daughter) 12, Elsie (daughter) 6, Florence (daughter) 4.

There is no certificated evidence that George and Amelia were ever married.
Are there any descendants of Frank's siblings reading this? If so, please post a reply. Also does anybody know if George and Amelia were married?

Please note that I have checked and there is no connection between my Jacobs family and the Jacobs brothers who were very involved in the running of Davington Priory Cricket Club, particularly in the 1950s.

Barrie Vinten
William Ivory    01 Apr 2013
My grandfather Bert ivory married Frank's sister Elsie in 1914.