don't read the menu options and go directly to the page content 
Click to view menu Click to search

Rayner family

Home / Forum / History File / Rayner family
brian rayner    22 Jun 2012
Trying to reopen contact with Rayners of Faversham history...

From a descendant in Orbost,Victoria, Australia

robert letchford    07 Oct 2013
many of the rayners came from the village of SELLING nr faversham , it borders boughton southstreet and dunkirk,on one side and chilham area on the other, im related some way back to them,it has a church built in 1054.this information is definately correct.,
Arthur Percival    20 Jul 2013
David

James Rayner doesn't appear in the baptisms at Faversham Parish Church up to 1801.  Records 1802-1837 need to be looked up at Canterbury Cathedral Archives.
The surname is a local one so  possibly she was baptised in an adjoining parish, like Davington, Preston-next-Faversham or Ospringe. These registers  haven't been transcribed, except maybe by the Mormons, so again recourse may be needed to Canterbury Cathedral Archives.
If you're not a member of the Kent Family History Society it might be worth joining so that your query can go in their magazine and on their email forum.   The Australian Hon Sec is Maggie Woodroffe at 19 First Street, Moonta North, SA 5558 - annual sub is A$17.50
You're also welcome to get in touch with direct at the Faversham Socieity (www.faversham.org/society) at ticfaversham@btinternet.co

Arthur
David Massie    03 Jul 2013
Hi All

I'm looking for any info on Jane Rayner, who married William Taylor in Faversham in 1815.

At the marriage, she was described as 'of this parish'. The 1841 census shows her as born in Kent about 1795. The 1851 has her as 'place unknown, Kent'. Was she born in Faversham?
brian rayner    24 May 2013
Hi John,thanks for the reference to death of the Rayner family member at 91 years old.

regards

Brian in Australia 
JOHN RAYNER    10 Mar 2013
Hello Brian Rayner. I was passed on your details seeking Rayner connections by a family contact in America some time ago, and have just found this site and your inquiry seeking Rayner family from Faversham and East Kent area.

My grandfather John Herbert Rayner was born in the Fox Inn, Teynham, in 1877 when his father was running it.

I have confirmed details of Nicholas Rayner of Eastling who died 1844 at age of 91 if you are interested.
JOHN RAYNER    09 Mar 2013
In reply to Lyn Ellesser inquiry of Edward Rayner and the Rose Inn in 1904.
Edward R was my great grandfather, and the Rose Inn I believe was renamed the Fox Inn where my grandfather John Herbert was born in 1877. Edward and Elizabeth, my grandfather's sister, did go off to America in 1904.

I have quite a bit of info on the family if she likes to contact me and exchange family history details.
brian rayner    12 Jan 2013
Hi Faversham correspondents, I am still filling in blank spaces of my Rayner family & it is great to hear that previous correspondents are still active....regards & Happy New Year from Brian Rayner in Orbost
Arthur Percival    13 Jul 2012
We've been in touch before, Brian. I forget when it was but it's maybe since then that Faversham Papers No 104 has been published (2007).

This is Faversham Explosives Personnel Register 1841-1934 Surnames H-R and it includes two 19th-century Faversham Rayners. If you don't know about these already, get in touch with me at ticfaversham@connect.com.
lyn ellsesser    08 Jul 2012
Brian,

I am also trying to find information on the Rayner family.  I don't go back very far, only mid 1800s. I have been going through Edward Rayner who ran The Rose Inn in 1904.  Happy to share what I have.

Lyn
Peter Stevens    04 Jul 2012
You may like to know that Allan and Joyce Rayner are still at the same address which I understand you visited in 1997. They are not, however, accessible by e-mail or via this Forum.