was one of Faversham's two biggest benefactors, the other having been Henry Hatch
. The fortune that Wreight left to the town on his death in 1840, aged 80, funded provision of the Recreation Ground, the Almshouses
in South Road, the Wreight School in Church Road (later merged with the Grammar School) and the District School in Church Road. A sum kept as Wreight’s Charity, run by Faversham Municipal Charities, still benefits the town. Wreight is commemorated by a plaque on his home, 50 Preston Street (now called Wreight’s House and counted as being in The Mall).
Location of the plaque
Wreight's House, The Mall, Faversham, home of Henry Wreight, a benefactor of the town