Faversham Recreation Ground
is a large, grassed public area with gardens, adjacent to Whitstable Road and Park Road to the east of the town centre.
The Recreation Ground was created in 1860 and covers some 20 acres. The cost of providing "the Rec" was met mainly from the bequest of the great Faversham benefactor Henry Wreight, but also by subscriptions from townspeople.
The central area is bounded by lime avenues and there is a Victorian keeper's lodge and summer house, used and cared for by Faversham Rugby Club.
The recreation ground is also used by local football clubs, Faversham Recreation Bowling Club and Faversham Tennis Club.
It has an enclosed playground for children and a skate park, which is free to use 24 hours a day.
Dodgems and scary rides come to the Rec when a travelling fair visits at the time of the town's October carnival and on other occasions.
Access to the recreation ground is via Whitstable Road, Park Road or across the pedestrian bridge over the railway. There is some limited parking via the Park Road entrance, by the football changing rooms.
For further information about facilities at the Rec, contact Swale Borough Council: