Faversham is fast becoming a recognised food destination, with a wide variety of pubs, cafes and restaurants serving exciting local food supporting small artisan producers. During the Best of Faversham markets on the first and third Saturday of every month, many stall holders sell delicious freshly prepared local food and drink, making the market a popular visit for food lovers.
Listed below a list of some of the eateries in the Faversham area, something for everyone.
- Anchor Inn A beautiful old pub just a couple of minutes walk from the town centre and very close to historic Faversham creek.
- Phoenix Tavern A free house in picturesque Abbey street. Offers fine dining and a lively sociable bar area with sofas and roaring open fires.
- Queens Head voted Shepherd Neame pub food of the year in 2012.
- Ship Inn, Conyer Quay Completely renovated to a contemporary pub and eating house with an outside eating area overlooking the marina.
- Sun Inn A traditional ale house situated in the conservation area of Faversham with a popular restaurant.
- Three Mariners Located on the main street in Oare with commanding views from the garden terrace over the Oare marshes.
- The Freewheel a cycling pub/ café with locally sourced food.
- The Vaults and Cask and Kitchen A pub in the heart of Faversham in Preston Street, with a family orientated menu and large garden.
- White Horse Inn In the village of Boughton, a short drive east of Faversham, the White Horse Inn is an ancient coaching inn, mentioned in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.
Attractions with cafe's
Food to go
If you wish to have a take-away, please look at the on line take-away menus for local restaurants, as provided by a local website
For more places to eat and drink please go to our Business Directory.