Back to top

T: 01795 503286E: info@faversham.org

12 Market Place, Faversham, Kent ME13 7AE

Stalisfield

St Mary, Stalisfield

A church dedicated to St James was established around 1070. Over the last millennium it has evolved to meet the needs of the surrounding community of Sheldwich where people have lived since Roman times. Sheldwich (literally 'dwelling on a low hill') is about two miles south of Faversham in rural Kent.

The church is part of a cluster which includes the villages (and churches) of Selling, Leaveland, and Badlesmere. St James contributes in varied ways to Sheldwich's community of about 200 dwellings and the rural setting is illustrated by the fact that we have no shop, pub, garage or Post Office: no street lights or mains drainage and a very infrequent bus service which bears the route number 666!

Our excellent village primary school and the church are, therefore, especially important in enhancing the life of the village community.

Services at Stalisfield:

1st Sunday - 10:00am - Morning Prayer

3rd Sunday - 10:00am - Holy Communion

People

Priest in Charge:

Rev'd Canon Donald J Lawton CD, DipEd., BMin., MDiv.

Tel: 01795 890 487

Churchwarden

Mrs J West

Tel: 01233 712 270

More Information