Back to top

T: 01795 503286E: info@faversham.org

12 Market Place, Faversham, Kent ME13 7AE

Faversham Institute

The Faversham Institute, a centre for education and entertainment from 1862 to 1979, is remembered by a plaque on the building now on its site in the town's East Street. John Anderson Court, which is sheltered housing, is named after John Anderson, a founder of the institute and thrice Mayor of Faversham.

The plaque


Faversham Institute

Location of the plaque

Faversham Institute
John Anderson Court, site of the former Institute in East Street, Faversham